Tuesday September 10, 2013
Request More Information
“Retirement provisions on equity grants have always been a challenge but we are now seeing companies rethink some of their past practices. We are receiving more and more questions from clients now on how to better handle their current provisions within their equity administration team and streamline those provisions if possible.”
- Julie Kenia CEP Stock and Option Solutions
Retirement and retirement eligibility provisions in stock plans cause more than a few issues. From their impact on expense under ASC 718 to Code Section 409A issues to collecting tax on shares that have not been delivered, theses provisions are rife with challenges for even the most accomplished stock plan professional.
What are the issues and how are other companies handling them? Join our expert panel for an overview of the issues, a review of some market research data compiled from a recent SOS client survey, and tips and tricks for handling these troublesome provisions most effectively.
- Julie Kenia,CEP, Stock & Option Solutions, Inc.
- Cimi Silverberg, Frederic W. Cook & Co.
- Alison Wright, Baker & McKenzie LLP
One hour of Certified Equity Professional continuing education credit is available for attending. See the CEPI website for more information on CEP continuing education requirements.
Nifty Past 60: Dealing with Retirement Eligibility in Stock Plans
Stock & Option Solutions, Inc. (SOS) is a leading provider of stock plan administration, management and equity consulting services for companies offering equity compensation and benefit programs to its employees. For over ten years, hundreds of organizations, from private start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, have relied on Stock & Option Solutions’ expertise for strategic planning, methodologies and skilled resources to build and support the most effective stock administration programs possible. The company offers its services through its People Solutions, Technology Solutions, and Strategic Solutions business groups. For more information about Stock & Option Solutions, please visit us.
- Retirement Provision Survey results sliced for your industry
- Analysis & Recommendations
Senior personnel, onsite or remote, conduct document reviews and interview with key personnel to dig into your processes, identify weaknesses and suggest improvements.
- Review Current Retirement Provisions & Process
- Review/Test accounting treatment
- Written conclusions (high-level or detailed)
- Process & Procedures
- Review/update existing retirement processes and procedures
- Create retirement processes and procedures
- Database Audit
Ensures that retirement provisions were applied in accordance with plan/agreement terms and handled consistently.
- Participant Communications
- Review existing communications around retirement and eligibility, suggest enhancements
- Create communications regarding retirement and eligibility
How SOS Can Help: